This episode of the Let’s Meet for a Beer Podcast is part of a series that we created with our friends at Brightside. Each episode in this series showcases a unique Calgary-based craft brewery that is part of Brightside’s “Friends With Benefits” Program.
Today I sat down with my friend Mike De Jonge, owner of Marda Loop Brewing to find out what led him to build the brewery, how his team has navigated the challenges of the current pandemic, and what his thoughts are on the future of the craft beer industry.
Mike, along with his wife (and mentor) Lolly, opened Marda Loop Brewery in 2018 to be a “second home” for the people and businesses in the neighborhood. They have weathered the pandemic with the mantra “stick to what got us here” – which is community support, an amazing team and a willingness to embrace change.
Mike is an optimistic entrepreneur and it was great to learn more about his journey – I hope you enjoy our conversation.
More on Brightside:
- Join Brightside and experience the banking app that helps you do more. Download the app to sign up in minutes from your phone to get spending and saving – all for free.
- You can learn more about Brightside by ATB here.
- Brightside is giving all you lucky listeners $10 when you sign up using the code BEER.
- Download the app, sign up and minutes and put that $ 10 to good use (let’s face it, we know you’ll likely use it on beer!)
- Brightside: Download | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Let’s Meet For A Beer: Website | Twitter | Instagram
- Alberta Beer Festivals: Website | Twitter | Instagram