This episode of the Let’s Meet for a Beer Podcast is part of a series that we created with our friends at Brightside. Each episode in this series showcases a unique Calgary-based craft brewery that is part of Brightside’s “Friends With Benefits” Program.
Today I sat down with sisters Jill and Tracy Johnson, who recently opened Bitter Sisters Brewing in Calgary, Alberta. Before opening the brewery, Jill and Tracy were co-owners of Atlantic Trap and Gill for over 20 years. I’m always curious about how siblings manage to build successful businesses together – so I had a lot of questions for them!
Bitter Sisters Brewing was opened for only a couple of months before the pandemic – so just the fact that they have survived is a success story! They credit their success to the neighborhood that they serve and are amazed by the support that their neighbors have shown them. Having a strong background in the restaurant industry, Jill and Tracy knew they needed to focus on high-quality beer and great food to ensure their success – and they have certainly accomplished both.
It’s great to connect with people who are living out their passion – and seeing them succeed as a family makes it even more special. It was great to catch up with Jill and Tracy – I hope you enjoy our conversation!
More on Brightside:
- Join Brightside and experience the banking app that helps you do more. Download the app to sign up in minutes from your phone to get spending and saving – all for free.
- You can learn more about Brightside by ATB here.
- Brightside is giving all you lucky listeners $10 when you sign up using the code BEER.
- Download the app, sign up and minutes and put that $ 10 to good use (let’s face it, we know you’ll likely use it on beer!)
- Brightside: Download | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Let’s Meet For A Beer: Website | Twitter | Instagram
- Alberta Beer Festivals: Website | Twitter | Instagram