This episode of the Let’s Meet for a Beer Podcast is part of a series that we created with our friends at Brightside. Each episode in this series showcases a unique Calgary-based craft brewery that is part of Brightside’s “Friends With Benefits” Program.
Today I sat down with Doug Hamilton, CEO, and co-founder of Inner City Brewing which is located in the beltline area of Calgary – two blocks from the Alberta Beer Festival office! Before opening the brewery, Doug worked around the world as a Geologist for almost 30 years. He has always been passionate about beer with the mind of an entrepreneur – so for his next adventure, he combined the two to help create Inner City Brewing.
On the podcast, we discuss the challenges of operating a new business during a pandemic. Doug shares how the brewery was able to pivot (I know – I hate that word too) and credits his team, led by his fellow co-founder and Brewery GM Dave Bell, for their survival. They built Inner City as a way to connect with people and are excited to bring back live music, and other community-minded events soon!
Our team has worked with Inner City Brewing on a number of projects, including Be The Brewer and Beerfest-In-A-Box. It was great to connect with Doug and learn more about his journey – I hope you enjoy the conversation.
More on Brightside:
- Join Brightside and experience the banking app that helps you do more. Download the app to sign up in minutes from your phone to get spending and saving – all for free.
- You can learn more about Brightside by ATB here.
- Brightside is giving all you lucky listeners $10 when you sign up using the code BEER.
- Download the app, sign up and minutes and put that $ 10 to good use (let’s face it, we know you’ll likely use it on beer!)
- Brightside: Download | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Let’s Meet For A Beer: Website | Twitter | Instagram
- Alberta Beer Festivals: Website | Twitter | Instagram