This episode of the Let’s Meet for a Beer Podcast is part of a series that we created with our friends at Brightside. Each episode in this series showcases a unique Calgary-based craft brewery that is part of Brightside’s “Friends With Benefits” Program.
Today I sat down with three of the four co-founders of The Dandy Brewing Company in Calgary, Alberta. It’s hard to describe Dandy in a single sentence – they certainly aren’t your “typical” brewery. The beer is amazing and the food is way beyond what you might expect. What strikes me about them more than anything though is that they are still having fun – and they still laugh at each other's jokes!
I first met the crew from Dandy in 2014 – shortly after they opened their first location in northeast Calgary. They had the smallest brewery I had ever visited but somehow managed to make an insane number of unique beers right from the start. Today they are in their second location in Ramsey that features a much larger brewery and one of Calgary’s best restaurants.
It’s been challenging to connect with the guys from Dandy through the pandemic so it was nice to catch up on the podcast – I hope you enjoy the conversation.
More on Brightside:
- Join Brightside and experience the banking app that helps you do more. Download the app to sign up in minutes from your phone to get spending and saving – all for free.
- You can learn more about Brightside by ATB here.
- Brightside is giving all you lucky listeners $10 when you sign up using the code BEER.
- Download the app, sign up and minutes and put that $ 10 to good use (let’s face it, we know you’ll likely use it on beer!)
- Brightside: Download | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Let’s Meet For A Beer: Website | Twitter | Instagram
- Alberta Beer Festivals: Website | Twitter | Instagram